Table of Contents
Mums are a special breed. They’re the backbone of the family, and they always put their families first. But how do you get her something that she really wants? Sometimes, it’s not easy to figure out what that perfect gift is.
That’s why we’ve put together this guide to buying gifts for mums in 2022. It will help you find the best gifts for every type of mum, whether she’s young or old, practical, or spoiled. So, sit back, relax, and let us help you take care of your mum this year with our expert gift ideas!
1 The different stages of motherhood and what gifts are suitable for each stage
There are different stages of motherhood, and each one comes with its own challenges and joys. That’s why it’s important to find a gift that is suitable for the stage your mum is in. For example, if she’s a new mum, a gift that will help her relax and unwind would be appreciated. If she’s a mum of teenagers, a gift that shows you understand her busy lifestyle would be perfect. And if she’s a grandma, a gift that celebrates her wisdom and experience would be lovely.
Whatever stage your mum is at, read on to find ideas for a gift that is perfect for her!
2 Gift ideas to consider when buying a gift for a mum
Mums can be difficult to buy for, but with a little thought, you can get her the perfect present, something she really wants or needs. Here are a few gift ideas to consider: –
- What does she like to do? If your mum likes to read, get her a new book. If she likes to cook, get her a new cookbook.
- What does she need? Some mums could use a new set of pots and pans, or maybe some fresh flowers will make her smile.
- What’s her personality like? If your mum is always on the go, she might appreciate a new handbag or pair of shoes. If she’s more of a homebody, get her some new kitchen gadgets, a nice blanket, or a beautiful frame for family photos.
- What’s the occasion? If it’s Mother’s Day, get her something special that she can use every day, like a nice piece of jewellery. If it’s her birthday, go all out and get her something really luxurious, like a trip to the spa.
3 The perfect gift for new mums
A new mum is probably feeling overwhelmed and exhausted, so it’s important to choose a gift that will make her feel special and appreciated. Here are some of our favourite ideas:
- A gift certificate for a day at a spa. Every new mom could use some time to relax and rejuvenate, and a gift certificate for a day of pampering at a local spa is the perfect way to make that happen.
- A beautiful piece of jewellery. A piece of jewellery is a great way to show your love and appreciation for a new mom. It’s something she can wear every day to feel connected to you, and it will be a cherished reminder of this special time in her life.
- A basket of pampering essentials. Put together a basket of goodies that will help a new mom relax and feel pampered. Include items like scented candles, bath salts, lotions, essential oils and maybe even a cute robe or slippers.
- A home-cooked meal. Whether you make it yourself or hire a professional chef, a home-cooked meal is always appreciated. It’s a thoughtful way to show that you care, and it will give the new mom a much-needed break from cooking.
- A day of spoiling. If you want to really spoil a new mum, plan a day where she can just relax and be pampered. Start with a relaxing massage, followed by a manicure and pedicure. Then, take her out for lunch or dinner at her favourite restaurant. Finish the day with a movie or some other form of entertainment that she enjoys.
No matter what you choose, make sure it’s something that you know she’ll appreciate and use. A thoughtful gift is always the best kind!
4 The best gifts for young mums
When it comes to buying gifts for young mums, it can be tricky to know what to get them. Do you go for something practical, or something a little more indulgent? Here are some ideas of the best gifts for young mums.
- Spa Day: A spa day is a perfect gift for any mum, but it’s especially appreciated by young mums who are often juggling work, childcare and household tasks. A day at the spa can help her to relax and recharge her batteries.
- Gift voucher: A gift voucher is always a safe option, and it’s sure to please any mum. You could buy her a voucher for her favourite shop, or for a day at a spa or beauty salon.
- Jewellery: Jewellery is always a popular choice for mothers, and it’s perfect for young mums who want something pretty and feminine to wear. Choose a piece that’s special and unique, like an engraved necklace or bracelet.
- Home décor: A new home décor item is always gratefully received by any mum, but it’s especially appreciated by young mums who are often decorating their first home. Choose something stylish and functional, like a designer candle or a set of placemats and napkins.
- Baby clothes: New baby clothes are always a hit with new mums, and they make great gifts for older mums too. Choose something cute and stylish that the mum can keep as a keepsake from her baby’s early days.
Just remember to think about what she will appreciate and use and go with your gut instinct. A thoughtful gift is always the best kind!
5 The best gifts for retired mums
Mums who have retired often appreciate gifts that are both practical and luxurious. Consider items like a new set of sheets or a comfy blanket, or perhaps a day at a spa. Other gift ideas include gift certificates to her favourite restaurant or store or a nice piece of jewellery.
Here are further gift ideas for retired mums.
- A day at a spa: Show your mum how much you appreciate her with a day of relaxation at a spa. She can enjoy some time to herself while being pampered from head to toe.
- A night out with her friends: Does your mum need a break from her everyday routine? Then treat her to a night out with her friends! She can let her hair down and have some much-needed fun.
- A subscription to a favourite magazine: If your mum loves to read, a subscription to her favourite magazine could be the perfect gift. She’ll think of you every time she receives a new issue!
- A basket of her favourite things: Fill a basket with all of your mum’s favourite things, from food and drink to pampering products such as essential oils. she’ll be able to enjoy it all in one go!
- A gift certificate to her favourite store: Does your mum love to shop? Then give her a gift certificate to her favourite store! she can use it whenever she likes, and she’ll always think of you when she’s using it.
6 Include Family Photos For a Sentimental Mom
Here are some sentimental gift ideas for a sentimental mom.
- Photo album or scrapbook: A photo album or scrapbook is a great way to celebrate your mum’s life and her accomplishments. Fill it with photos, memories, and mementoes from throughout her life.
- Ornament or trinket box: An ornament or trinket box is a beautiful way to store your mum’s most cherished jewellery or other possessions. Choose an ornament that has special meaning for her, like a snowflake if she loves winter or a heart if she’s always been loving and kind.
- Personalised mug: A mug with your mum’s name on it is a practical and sentimental gift that she can use every day. You could also get one with a message like “World’s Best Mum” or “I Love You”.
- Plaque or sign: If your mum likes to decorate her home, why not get her a plaque or sign with an inspirational message? She’ll love having this little reminder of how much you love her.
- Garden stone: A garden stone is a great gift and a lovely way to add a touch of sentimentality to your mum’s outdoor space. Choose a stone with an inscription like “Love blooms here” or “Home is where the heart is”.
No matter what type of mum you’re shopping for, we’ve got the best gifts right here. If you’re looking for a great gift that will make her feel special, take a look at our selection of luxurious items. Maybe she needs something more practical? In that case, we’ve got plenty of great ideas for you there too. Check out our list and find the perfect present for your favourite mum this year!
7 10 gift ideas at a glance
- Yinuo Mirror Candles – £15.99
- Winter in Venice Luxury Bath Gifts – £26.50
- Gold Reindeer Minis Milk Chocolate – £32.21
- Thetford Design Family Tree Photo Frame with 6 Hanging Picture Frames – £34.99
- Buyagift Afternoon Tea Gift Experience Box – 465 traditional afternoon tea experiences across the UK – £34.99
- Baylis & Harding Sweet Mandarin & Grapefruit Signature Collection Luxury Dressing Gown Gift Set – £39.98
- Russell Hobbs Maxicook Digital Slow Cooker – £59.29
- BATTILO HOME Brown Faux Fur Throw Blanket,150x200cm, Luxury Decorative Fluffy Warm Cozy Large Blanket for Bed, Sofa, Couch – £69.99
- Denby Round Casserole (Pomegranate) – £80.00
- Swarovski Women’s Iconic Swan Collection Necklace – £121.46
Yinuo Mirror Candles – £15.99
Reviewing this product, Saiema, a buyer of this product described the aroma of the candles as amazing. She writes, ” I have bought this for a colleague who is leaving and a vegan as well. As soon as I opened the box I was hit with the most amazing aroma as well. The box is sturdy and beautifully designed. Hope she will like it. I am thinking about getting one for myself as well.”
Winter in Venice Luxury Bath Gifts – £26.50
This romantic 6-piece Parisian Whisper Bath Tub Set by Winter in Venice is a pamper hamper filled with luxury products for women, it’s a beautiful and functional present that you can give on any occasion. And it is perfect as a wonderful surprise gift the mum in your life will appreciate.
Gold Reindeer Minis Milk Chocolate – £32.21
When in doubt, satisfy mum’s sweet tooth with this premium chocolate gift made by Lindt Master Chocolatier with the finest ingredients, sourced from world-renowned growing regions. This smooth-melting, delicious and finest Lindt chocolate will delight your mum but it surely will not last for long!
Thetford Design Family Tree Photo Frame with 6 Hanging Picture Frames – £34.99
This Family Tree 6 Picture Frame is the perfect way to celebrate a loving family. Mums are always busy taking care of everyone else and they seldom have time to get in front of the camera. This photo frame is a perfect way to bring together photos that capture special moments with mum and let her know that she is loved and appreciated. And best of all, a photo frame is a gift that keeps on giving! Every time Mum looks at the photos, she will be reminded of the special bond she shares with her family.
Buyagift Afternoon Tea Gift Experience Box – 465 traditional afternoon tea experiences across the UK – £34.99
Indulge your mum in the quintessentially British tradition of afternoon tea for two with this experience box from Buyagift which is valid for 2 years. Let her feast on delicate finger sandwiches, scrumptious scones and sweet delights at a host of venues across the UK – she deserves it!
Baylis & Harding Sweet Mandarin & Grapefruit Signature Collection Luxury Dressing Gown Gift Set – £39.98
Let the mum in your life take time out to soak in the bath with a selection of some of the finest toiletries and finish her pamper by wrapping up in this super-soft fleece dressing gown. The perfect gift for any mother to feel special and appreciated.
Russell Hobbs Maxicook Digital Slow Cooker – £59.29
If she has a busy day ahead, she can simply prep her ingredients and put them in the slow cooker. Her dinner will be cooking whilst she’s out, giving her a delicious home-cooked meal for when she gets back. The size is perfect and it is very easy to use and keep clean. She’ll really be pleased with it!
BATTILO HOME Brown Faux Fur Throw Blanket,150x200cm, Luxury Decorative Fluffy Warm Cozy Large Blanket for Bed, Sofa, Couch – £69.99
Spoil her with this faux fur throw blanket for unparalleled cosiness. Unlike other faux fur blankets, this doesn’t slide off the bed like some throws do as it has a soft non-slip fabric backing underneath. She’ll never say no to this one!
Denby Round Casserole (Pomegranate) – £80.00
The Denby casserole’s energy-efficient design cooks food evenly at lower temperatures. The integrated basting rings keep food deliciously succulent therefore making meal preparation simple and food taste great. For a mum who cares about her cooking, this would be a treasured gift.
Swarovski Women’s Iconic Swan Collection Necklace – £121.46
The radiant white Pointiage crystals combined with Swarovski´s signature Swan and an adjustable rose-gold tone plated chain length will let the mum in your life feel special and stand out from the crowd.
This blog post was brought to you by the team at quidsense.com. Check out our website for more great reviews, buying guides, and tips and tricks!