Table of Contents
Whether you’re a sixth-form or a university student, having any one of the best laptops for students in 2022 can help you succeed. This is especially true in today’s technology-driven world where research projects, homework assignments and exams all require access to the Internet. While most students have smartphones and tablets for their daily mobile needs, every person needs a laptop for studying at home or taking notes during class. So which type of computer should you buy? There are many options available these days so it’s important to know what features matter most when choosing your next laptop.
1 1. What you should consider first
When it comes to choosing a laptop for a student, there are a few things to keep in mind. First, it’s important to consider your needs. What type of classes will you be taking? Will you need to use specific software for your coursework? Once you’ve considered your needs, you can start narrowing down your options.
2 2. What is your budget?
Next, you want to think about the budget. How much are you willing to spend on a laptop? Keep in mind that you don’t necessarily need to break the bank to get a good-quality laptop. There are plenty of options available at a variety of price points.
3 3. A quality laptop will last all four years of college — and beyond.
The laptop you buy now will last you through all four years of college, and beyond. Laptops are built to be durable, so they’re ideal for a student who needs their computer to last. You can use your laptop for schoolwork and projects, but also for gaming or streaming music on the go!
But before you choose your laptop, you need to consider what sort of tasks you will be needing it for. For example, will you be using the laptop mainly for school or leisure activities? Knowing how you plan to use the laptop will help you choose the best option.
Now that you know what to look for, let’s take a closer look at the top five laptops for students in 2022.
4 Best laptop for students: At a glance
• Best student laptop: Apple MacBook Air 13-inch M1
• Best Windows laptop for students: Asus VivoBook M513
• Best-value touchscreen laptop for students: Microsoft Surface Laptop Go
• Best Chromebook for students: Acer Chromebook Spin 713
• Best 15.6in laptop for students: Huawei MateBook D15
5 Apple MacBook Air 13-inch M1
Best overall student laptop
- Good battery life
- Fantastic screen
- Great build quality
- Compact and lightweight
- Only two USB-C ports.
Amazon – £919.00
6 Asus VivoBook M513
Best Windows laptop for students
- High colour coverage
- Respectable 8-hour battery life
- Smooth, accurate, and responsive touchpad
- No dedicated GPU
Amazon – £629.00
7 Microsoft Surface Laptop Go
Best-value touchscreen laptop for students
- Fingerprint reader and Windows Hello webcam
- Great build quality
- Fantastic design and display
- Only 64GB storage and 4GB of RAM for the cheapest model
- No backlit keyboard
Amazon – £550.13
8 Acer Chromebook Spin 713
Best Chromebook for students
- Thunderbolt 4 support
- Fantastic 3:2 screen
- Fingerprint sensor
- Other Chromebooks are faster
Amazon – £799.99
9 Huawei MateBook D15
Best 15.6in laptop for students
- Slim, compact and light metallic build
- Nice design
- Excellent value for money
- No backlit keyboard
Amazon – £649.00
10 Educational discounts can help you save big on laptops.
As a student, you may be able to save money on your laptop. There are many discounts for students and the amount you can save will depend on where you get your laptop and how much it costs. Here are some things to keep in mind when looking for educational discounts:
- Look for student discounts. Some retailers offer special pricing for students and others offer different incentives as well. For example, Samsung provides students with up to 25% off the latest and greatest Samsung products. Depending on what you’re looking to buy, you can save yourself a bit of money. To verify your student or staff status, you will be directed to UNiDAYS website, then you can get student discounts on the entire Samsung product range.
- Look for educational discounts. Tech companies often offer educators special deals so they can buy computers at reasonable prices without sacrificing quality. For example, Dell is offering school and college discounts of up to 25% on top-of-the-range tech and electronics. Any student whose academic institution has been enrolled in the Dell Advantage programme is qualified to take advantage of this offer.
11 Final thoughts
If you’re a student, your laptop can mean the difference between getting good grades and doing well on assignments. If you’re graduating or have landed a job in another field, a laptop will help you succeed here too. Laptops are an investment, but they’re worth it if they help you get ahead.
So, there you have it! These are the top five laptops for students in 2022. Be sure to consider the student’s needs, budget, and lifestyle when choosing a laptop. And don’t forget to check out our other blog posts for more great laptop picks!
Do you have any other suggestions for the best laptops for students in 2022? Let us know in the comments below!
This blog post was brought to you by the team at quidsense.com. Check out our website for more great laptop reviews, buying guides, and tips and tricks!